MASTER BEDROOM INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS 2023
The master bedroom is one of the most private spaces in the home — a personal oasis not used for entertaining or showcasing your style. That said, interior design is just as important in the master bedroom as in any other room.
A well-designed bedroom creates a healthy, restful environment in which you can truly relax and recharge, allowing you to bring more energy and focus to every day. Here are some of the best master bedroom interior design trends of 2023.
Modern Master Bedroom Design Trends
Modern interior design emerged in the early twentieth century and has seen a resurgence in popularity in recent years. It is a great choice for a master bedroom, with these key characteristics:
- Limited color palette. Modern interior design uses limited color palettes of just one or two colors, with complimentary shades and tones.
- Natural materials. The emphasis on natural materials in the modern style is also an important feature of interior design in Austin.
- Natural light. Modern interior design emphasizes natural light, which is a critical consideration in a master bedroom.
Traditional Interior Design Trends
Traditional design is based on the timeless aesthetics of 18th- and 19th-century Europe and is a great way to make a space incredibly comfortable and restful. Some of the key aspects of traditional design include:
- Antique furnishings. Antique furniture, especially pieces that combine upholstery and wood, is an important feature of traditional design.
- Architectural embellishments. Traditional design often incorporates ornate fireplaces, ceiling medallions, decorative doors, and other embellishments.
- Symmetrical design. Traditional design is symmetrical and balanced, and thus a natural fit for a master bedroom.
Minimalist Interior Design Trends
Minimalism remains an incredibly popular design trend, with universal appeal that adds style to your home while increasing its value. To use minimalist interior design in a master bedroom, focus on:
- Neutral colors. Minimalism relies on a limited palette of neutral colors, with restrained use of accent colors.
- Clean lines. Minimalist design uses simple furniture pieces with clean lines.
- Open space. Minimalism maximizes space and the architectural features of a room, with furniture and decor accenting open spaces rather than filling them.
Contemporary Interior Design Trends
Contemporary interior design reflects the trends and styles of the moment. For 2023, the hottest master bedroom interior design trends will be:
- Sustainable materials. It is more and more important that we consider the complete life cycle of products and materials, and interior design is no different. Sustainable use and reuse in the master bedroom is a great way to make the space more comfortable and restful while minimizing your impact.
- High contrast. Contemporary design uses limited areas of high contrast to add interest to a space. High-contrast shapes, colors, and accents define and accentuate the features of a space or design.
- Cool palette. Contemporary design uses a cool color palette with neutral accents.
Master Bedroom Color Trends
Defining the color palette of a master bedroom is an incredibly important aspect of your interior design process. Because a master bedroom is intended to be a calming, restful space, regardless of interior design style or trends, it is best to focus master bedroom colors on:
- Limited color palette. Focus your master bedroom colors on a limited palette of just one or two colors. Limiting the number of different colors used in a bedroom helps the space to be calmer and less stimulating.
- Cool tones. Choosing cool tones is the best decision for a bedroom. Cool colors like blue, purple, and green are psychologically soothing and calming, helping to create a relaxing space that aids sleep.
- Neutral shades. Neutral shades are a great choice for a master bedroom, because they are compatible with any design style, and can be used in a variety of ways. Toning a cool color palette with neutrals adds depth and complexity to your master bedroom color trends.
The master bedroom is a room in which the design needs to satisfy your most personal, essential needs. You spend more continuous time in this room than in any other in your house, starting and ending your days here. It has the power to be a space that is both restful and energizing, calming and empowering, so making the right design choice for a master bedroom is critical. Take inspiration from modern master bedroom design trends, but remember that this space also needs to reflect your own unique needs and desires.
At J.Fisher, we specialize in balancing the latest trends with your own individual style to create custom interiors that are casual, comfortable, and authentic. Our process of using clear communication to build open and honest relationships creates living spaces that are truly unique. Our work has been featured in numerous design publications and has won many awards and accolades.
J.Fisher Interiors’ studio is located in east Austin. To schedule your consultation appointment, please fill out the contact form or call us at 512.954.0904. We would love to hear from you!