Interior Design Services
As an interior home designer, we’re passionate about refreshing your space in a way that works for you and your lifestyle. Do you need room to twerk to your favorite Big Freedia album, or are you looking for space for your vintage ukuleles? We’ll make sure you’re covered. After all, changing the look of your space isn’t just about updating the furniture or textiles — it’s about reinvigorating your joie de vivre. But with a high-end interior design touch, of course.
At J.Fisher Interiors, we help you create a style that’s inspiring, timeless, and, most of all, one of a kind. A good home interior designer won’t make your space cookie-cutter or boring. We see each new home decorating project as both a thrilling new challenge and a fresh canvas for the imagination. What does your imagination hold? We have amazing ways to figure that out and bring it to life, so no two homes are ever the same.
What is the Difference Between Interior Decorating and Interior Design?
Interior decorating is the process of choosing and placing furniture, wall decor, rugs, curtains, etc., to achieve a certain aesthetic result in a space. Every fall, thousands of college students practice interior decorating as they hit the shops and set up their dorm rooms for the year.
Interior design is the study of human behavior and planning for how a space will function, as well as how it will look and feel. Designers consider the volume, structure, and execution of a complete lifestyle within a space. Interior designers also make decorating decisions, but interior decorators do not design.
If you’ve never worked with an interior designer before, you may be wondering how to set up an interior design service or what full-service interior design is. This guide will share an overview of the process so you know what to expect.
The Planning Stage
Whether refreshing a spare room or designing a high-end retail store, great results start with a great plan. During the planning stage of our interior design services, we assess:
- Who we are designing for. Is it a family of one, a family of six, or a workplace of a hundred? Who will be using the space two years from now or ten?
- The scale of the project. Is it a new build or a remodel? What’s the architectural style and the attributes of the building that need to be accounted for? Will we work with your architect, contractor crew, or other partners?
- Budget and timeline. While the exact details may evolve during the planning process, starting with an understanding of the budget and timeline helps us create a realistic plan for your interior design project.
- Your personality and style. What’s your aesthetic and your inspiration? What do you imagine in your ideal home? What’s your lifestyle, your fashion, and your favorite places? How do you want your home to feel?
For more specific information about getting started with your interior design service, see our guide to briefing your interior designer. Once we have all the information, we will work with you to create a plan that meets your needs and move on to the design phase.
Designing Your Space
During the design phase, we begin with inspirational images, references, and sketches as we work toward creating the ideal space for you. We use digital design boards to visualize your new home, including decor, fixtures, and furniture.
As we refine your interior design, we will work with you to review and choose the perfect materials for your space. Seeing and evaluating real-world samples of your paint options, upholstery selections, flooring, and other home materials helps ensure your home feels as good as it looks.
Finally, with 2D and 3D drafting and rendering, technical drawings, and exact specifications, we design a home that’s perfect for you, down to the smallest details. This level of accuracy helps us manage and coordinate the design process during new building or home remodeling projects, seamlessly communicating with an entire team.
What the Service Includes
As a full-service company, J.Fisher Interiors manages your project from concept to completion. We will work with you to create a space that feels as good as it looks, including:
- From a giant chandelier to a tiny reading nook, light has the power to define, enhance, and, of course, illuminate your space. Our interior design services work with the natural light in a room to create the right mood for every activity with style.
- Furniture and built-ins. Naturally, a great interior needs great furniture. The right furniture fits your lifestyle and is scaled to your space, seamlessly balancing function, comfort, and style.
- Window treatments. Window treatments are necessary to control lighting and privacy but are also an incredible canvas for color, texture, and design. Whether we are making a backdrop or making a statement, window treatments are essential.
- Flooring and rugs. Floor material and coverings are other key aspects of the mood and feel of a space. There is a huge range of vegan and sustainable flooring materials that are as beautiful as they are environmentally friendly, and J.Fisher is passionate about providing the right choice for the planet and the project.
- Paint and wall finishes. From the trendiest wallpapers to classic paint palettes, wall finishes unify a design and a home, creating cohesion and setting the mood.
- Fixtures and fittings. From kitchen appliances to wall art and doors to drawer knobs, no home is complete without attention to detail. Size, scale, placement, materials, installation, and maintenance of all the more functional features of a home are just as important as any other aspect of design.
And naturally, we assist and coordinate purchasing and procurement, shipping, tracking, and final installation so your home comes together beautifully.
But it’s important to note that good design is never done. Trends are always changing, and personal growth drives what colors and styles one are drawn to. We set up your home so it feels the most “you” right now, but we make it easy to subtly update and change things here or there when those seasons change.
Think of us as the mix-master to your needs. When you partner with us, you’re teaming up with a full-service interior design provider, meaning we’ll take care of everything from start to finish. We begin by presenting concept work, budgeting, and space planning. We continue through furniture and fabric specification, color and material selection, requests for custom furniture, built-ins, and fixtures, as well as any equipment purchasing and procurement needs throughout the process.
Whether you are downsizing, remodeling, or building a new home from scratch, we make it all perfectly seamless with shipping, tracking, and final installation, culminating in an authentic and personal final staging.
Let’s Get Started
We can’t wait to help you design your space in the way that you’ve always dreamed of so that your home will always be your favorite place. Contact us for more information, or go ahead and schedule a virtual design consultation today.
J.Fisher Interiors’ studio is located in east Austin. To schedule your consultation appointment, please fill out the contact form or call us at 512.954.0904. We would love to hear from you!